Henry Lyon’s (co-ordinates 54.27230 -8.47600) is a substantial and well-known Sligo landmark department store, which has operated from these premises since 1878.
This fine building features leaded lights, mosiac tiles and a distinctive traditional shopfront. Cast-iron columns are utilised to allow unobstructed window displays. The building is of special importance because family-operated individualistic department stores are rapidly disappearing throughout Ireland.
The building, which is sited on the corner of Wine Street and Quay Street is a seven-bay by nine-bay three-storey commercial building which commands a high profile position in the centre of Sligo Town.
Having been open for the last 150 years, Henry Lyons is very well embedded in the Sligo Community.
Henry Lyons Warehouse has a number of different shops. With shopping for ladies and mens clothes, shoes and sports wear, an award winning restaurant and its own BakeShop.