30 suggestions – not in any particular order.
- Visit Sligo Abbey, Abbey Street, Sligo Town.
- Go on a guided tour of Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetary.
- Take a photo of Yeats grave at Drumcliffe cemetery.
- Enjoy the sight of Glencar waterfall, Glencar, County Leitrim.
- Take some photos of Yeats Statue, outside the Ulster Bank, Stephen Street, Sligo.
- Have a look around the Model Arts Centre, The Mall, Sligo.
- Enjoy a walk around Hazelwood Nature Trail. Start point at Half Moon Bay, Hazelwood, Sligo.
- Watch the surfers at Strandhill Beach, County Sligo.
- Visit Sligo Museum, beside the library, Stephen Street, Sligo.
- Take a leasurely walk up Knocknarea and enjoy the scenery unfolding behind you as you climb.
- Cruise around Lough Gill aboard the Wild Rose Water Bus.
- Visit the Yeats Memorial Building on Hyde Bridge in Sligo.
- Visit Michael Quirke’s shop to see him making one of his original carvings in Wine Street, Sligo.
- Lap up the sunshine with a day at Rosses Point beach.
- Take a trip back in time with a visit to Dolly’s Cottage in Strandhill.
- Enjoy the views whilst walking out by Riverside to Doorly Park.
- Go for a drive around the Gleniff Horseshoe.
- Take a guided tour of Kevinsfort House just outside Sligo Town.
- Take a walk down The Glen, Glen road, Knocknarea, Strandhill.
- Take a visit to Creevylee Abbey in Dromahair, County Leitrim.
- Feed the Swan’s in the Garavogue River opposite The Harp Tavern, Quay Street, Sligo.
- Take the self-guided walking tour of Sligo Town.
- Have a flutter on the horses at Cleveragh Racecourse.
- Take part in the never ending pastime of people watching.
- Get away from the busy town with a visit to one of Sligo’s two cathedral’s.
- Learn horseriding at the Horse Holiday Farm at Moneygold, Grange, County Sligo.
- Go for a long walk from Strandhill along the beach to Culleenamore.
- Wait until low tide and walk or drive across the strand to Coney Island, off the Strandhill Road.
- Enjoy some retail therapy whilst exploring the streets and alleyways of Sligo Town.
- If you want to get sweaty, go for a workout or a swim at the Sports Complex in Cleveragh, Sligo.
An 8 seater minibus/taxi is available to bring you to any of the locations listed above.
Phone 087 292 0722.
Comments are closed.