Planning permission has been granted by Sligo Borough Council for a new multi-million euro development beside Sligo Courthouse, on a site formerly known as The Village.

The new development is to be built from limestone, Sligo‘s indigenous building material,from which The Courthouse and Sligo Town Hall were also built.

This material will be used so as to blend in more naturally with already existing “historic buildings” in Sligo Town.

The development, which was designed by Scottish-based architect’s Gordan Murray and Alan Dunlop, will consist of sixteen single and duplex apartments and six new retail units.

The design of the development will also incorporate Teeling House on Old Market Street which is a protected structure dating back to the 1820’s, and which is owned by local developer and antiques dealer Louis Doherty, and will link Old Market Street with High Street.

Comments are closed.